Have You Considered Engagement Ring Shopping Together’
March 16th, 2021
Shopping for engagement rings with your partner doesn't mean your proposal can't have an element of surprise. Many couples around the world actually prefer to discuss marriage and their future together before any commitments are made. It doesn't ruin the romance or charm of a carefully planned and well-executed proposal.
In fact, shopping for diamond engagement rings together can benefit you both in the long run. You get to dive deeper into her likes and dislikes while she can help you find the engagement ring of her dreams. It's a win-win. If you want to do it right, here are a few benefits of engagement ring shopping together along with tips to keep the element of surprise alive.
Benefits of Shopping Together
Before we dive into the best ways to go engagement ring shopping together, let's discuss some of the advantages of ring shopping with your better half. Spoiler alert: there are way too many to list and basically no cons!
- One of the main advantages is that you can find out your partner's ring size and avoid having to send the ring back for resizing if you're way off. Getting a professional measurement or even a measuring ring to do on your own can remove the guesswork.
- If you're planning on spending thousands of dollars on their ring, that's something your partner might want to have a say in. If you're planning your future together, part of that means discussing big purchases and this is just that. Plus, you may use a joint account which can give away your plan. Developing a budget together can make you both feel comfortable and in control of your finances.
- Overall, going at it together can reduce your stress, especially if you're already juggling other responsibilities. Sharing the task of finding a ring can keep you sane.
How to Keep the Surprise Alive
There's no reason to spoil the surprise just because you're shopping together. There are still some small touches you can do to keep the mystery alive. Here are a few things to consider:
- Plan ahead so you don't waste your time going to shops you don't want to. In addition, discuss your budget so you don't spend more than you can afford.
- When you go out ring shopping together, treat it like a special occasion. Why not make a whole day of it? Head out to lunch before or get drinks and dinner after to build up the excitement and anticipation.
- Try on a variety of ring styles, shapes, and colors to get a better feel of your partner's preferences. Often, wearing the ring offers a completely different feeling compared to simply looking at it. Some say seeing is believing, but wearing it is much better.
- When shopping together, choose a few as your final picks together. That way you know she likes every choice and you can make the final decision to surprise your fiance.
- If you want to make a final decision on the engagement ring together, consider a wedding band as the surprise element. This can add even more excitement to your wedding day.
- To sweep her off her feet, secretly have a touching phrase engraved on the inner ring. This could be your proposal date, nickname, or other words of affection.
Shop Together at Long Jewelers
If you live near the Virginia Beach Community, stop by Long Jewelers to explore their fine selection of stunning engagement rings. Long Jewelers has over 40 years of experience helping couples find the right ring for them. If you can't find a ring or loose diamond you love, we'll make one from scratch for you. Our master jewelers can bring your vision to life. Let Long Jewelers help you find a ring that fits within your budget and personal style.