Long Jewelers Inc. Notice of Privacy Practices
This statement applies to information about you by Long Jewelers. Long Jewelers respects your privacy and is committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
Information We Collect
We collect information from a variety of sources, including:
- Information from you directly, such as when you complete a form on our website or in our stores.
- Information about you when you visit our website, make a purchase, use our services or view our online ads.
- Information about you from other sources, such as from our vendors.
All the information we collect about you may be combined to help us tailor our communications to you, improve the content of our website, and optimize your shopping experience.
The following are examples of the types of information we may collect:
Information you provide
- Address (Billing and Shipping)
- Zip Code
- E-mail Address
- Telephone Number(s)
- Mobile Number(s)
- Credit Card Number(s)
- Birth date
- Security Question Answers
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Website, subscribing to our service, or requesting further services.
We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our Website. Records and copies of your correspondence (including e-mail addresses), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
Information associated with use of our website:
longjewelers.net uses the information gathered from cookies and web beacons, such as IP address to enhance your experience on our website.
Information associated with transacting business with Long Jewelers including:
Transaction information, including:
- Items Purchased
- Date and time of your transaction
- Information from third party sources
- Details of transactions you carry out through our Website and of the fulfillment of your orders. You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order through our Website.
- We may receive your updated shipping information from a third party carrier.
How We Use Your Information
We may use the information we collect to: process a transaction; provide products or services you request; improve our website and store; enhance your shopping experience; and for marketing and promotional purposes. We may combine information about you that we collect on-line, in our stores, via mobile applications, and from third party sources.
Usage Details and IP Addresses
As you navigate through the Website, we may also collect details of your visits to our Website, including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, logs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access, as well as information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users' equipment, browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using cookies. A cookie is a small piece of information sent by a website that is stored on your hard disk by your computer's browser.
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests
- Speed up your searches
- Recognize you when you return to our Website
At longjewelers.net, we use two kinds of cookies: session cookies and persistent cookies. Session cookies exist only for as long as your browser remains open. We use session cookies, for example, to manage items added to your shopping bag. Persistent cookies last from visit to visit; they do not go away when you exit your browser. At longjewelers.net, we use persistent cookies to give you a more personalized shopping experience and to help you navigate our website more efficiently. For example, we use persistent cookies to show you items you have previously browsed.
A Flash Cookie (also known as Local Shared Object) is a data file stored on your computer by the websites that you visit. From time to time, longjewelers.net may use Flash Cookie(s) on the website, for example, to enable or control Flash-based content. Flash Cookies provide similar functionality as the cookies, but are based on different technology and are persistent; they do not go away when you exit your browser. To manage the Flash Cookie settings and preferences for your computer, please click here and you will be directed to the Settings Manager on Adobe's website. You may also be able to manage Flash Cookies from your browser, depending on the version of your browser.
Managing cookie preferences differs from browser to browser so please refer to your browser for further information. If you would like to disable cookies and web beacons from longjewelers.net, please use the help function in your web browser to restrict cookies from our website. If you block cookies from longjewelers.net, you will not be able to make purchases on our website.
Pages of the Website may contain electronic images known as web beacons (also referred to as single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company to count users who have visited those pages and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity). Web beacons are not used to access your personal information on the Website and are only used to compile aggregated statistics concerning use of the Website.
We do not collect personally identifiable information automatically, but we may tie this information to your previously submitted personally identifiable information.
We use the information we collect to provide the products and services you request, to tell you about other products and services we offer, and to manage our website and services.
We may share your information, including:
- With our third-party service providers and business partners
- To protect and defend the rights and property of Long Jewelers
- When you make a purchase, we may share information about you and your transaction with other companies necessary to process your transaction
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose personal information that you provide via this Website to the following third parties:
- Our subsidiaries and affiliates
- Contractors and service providers we use to support our business.
- In the event of merger, acquisition, or any form of sale of some or all of the Company’s assets, in which case personal information held by the Company about its customers will be among the assets transferred to the buyer
We may also disclose your personal information to third parties to:
- Comply with any court order or other legal obligation
- Protect the rights, property, or safety of the Company, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
We do not sell our customer data to any third party for the purpose of marketing products.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls. Any payment transactions will be encrypted and in full compliance with all applicable laws, rules and regulations.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of the Website like message boards. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any user of the Website.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk.
Information About Children Under 13
The Children's Online Privacy Protection Act imposes requirements on Web sites that collect personal information about children under 13 (for example - name, address, e-mail address, social security number, etc.) Our policy is not to collect any personal information on any person under 13. For this reason, our online sweepstakes, e-mail and mobile sign ups are restricted to entrants who are at least 13.
If this policy changes, longjewelers.net will revise this portion of its Notice of Privacy Practices and will comply with the requirements of the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act, which includes providing notice and choice to each child's parent or guardian before collecting any personal information.
How to Contact Us
If you have any questions about our privacy practices, you may contact us:
Long Jewelers Inc.
2965 Virginia Beach Blvd,
Virginia Beach, VA 23452
By phone at 1-800-477-5664